If you haven’t read Warriors by Erin Hunter, then you should read this, it’ll tell you all the reasons you should read Warriors (or pretty much what you should know about it).
What is Warriors?
Warriors is a fictional book series by Erin Hunter. There are currently about six series and one that is still in the making. They have also made many more different books like Super Editions (stand alones), Novellas (short stories), Mangas (graphic novels) and Guides.
What is Warriors about?
Warriors is about four clans of cats who live in a forest, those clans are: ThunderClan, RiverClan, ShadowClan and WindClan. They all have their own territories and strengths. ThunderClan lives in the forest to catch mice and voles, RiverClan lives near a river to catch fish, ShadowClan lives in the pine forest and hunts at night and WindClan lives on the moor and catches rabbits and buzzards. There is a fifth clan called StarClan they are the clans ancestors. After a cat dies, their spirit goes to StarClan. StarClan is wise and watches over the clans.
Each full moon the four clans have a Gathering, a night of peace where the clans meet at a place called FourTrees and talk about how prey is running and if there has been any problems, but at Gatherings, the clans still hide things so that no other clan will think they are weak and try to attack them, and apprentices are told not to say too much.
What kind of jobs are there in Warriors?
There are many jobs. Here are the jobs.
Leaders: They are the leaders of the clan, they lead the clan into battles, they’re in charge. When a leader becomes leader, they get the name star at the end of their name, for example: Cliffleap would become Cliffstar. They are also granted nine lives by StarClan.
Deputies: Deputies are second in command, they organize the hunting and border patrols. When the leader dies, the deputy will become the new leader. Deputies have to have had mentored at last one apprentice.
Medicine Cats: Medicine Cats are the healers, they care for the sick and wounded. They get prophecies and omens from StarClan. Every half moon the Medicine Cats go to a place called the Moonstone to share dreams with StarClan. Medicine Cats can have apprentices. They can’t have a mate or kits.
Warriors: Warriors are the fighters, protecters and hunters. They go on patrols and train apprentices. When warriors are old, they become elders. A female warrior can become a queen and have kits.
Queens: A queen is either a nursing she-cat (female cat) or an expecting she-cat. They take care of the kits. Queens are always warriors before they are queens. They stay in the nursery until their kits are apprentices.
Elders: Elders are retired queens, warriors and medicine cats, they have served their clan and deserve the rest. Apprentices usually are the ones to care for the elders. Elders can have different names then when they where young, theres an example of a real warrior cat: White-eye became One-eye.
Apprentices: Apprentices are warriors and medicine cats in training. They are trained by their mentors. Mentors must be a full medicine cat or warrior to train an apprentice. Kits must be six moons (months) to be an apprentice. Apprentices names always end with “paw”, example: Mudpaw.
Kits: Kits are under six moons, and are not yet apprentices, in other words, you could call them baby cats, but the real word is kits. All kits name ends with “kit”. I’ll give you example of a cat and the names they get throughout their life: Gingerkit (Kit), Gingerpaw (Apprentice), Gingermoth (Warrior) and Gingerstar (Leader)
Cats outside the clans
Kittypets: Kittypets are cats that live with humans which the clan cats call Twolegs, they are like your average house cat. They call humans Housefolk. They do not live in clans and usually clan cats are aggressive towards them.
Rogues and loners: Rogues and loners are not Kittypets nor clan cats. They live alone, not part of a clan or have owners and usually have short names, not like warriors.
The Warrior Code: All clan cats must obey the warrior code, or they could be exiled (Kicked out of the clan). *Excerpted from the Erin Hunter novels.*
- “Defend your Clan, even with your life. You may have friendships with cats from other Clans, but your loyalty must remain to your Clan, as one day you may meet them in battle.
- Do not hunt or trespass on another Clan’s territory.
- Elders, queens, sick or injured cats and kits must be fed before apprentices and warriors. Unless they have permission, apprentices may not eat until they have hunted to feed the elders.
- Prey is killed only to be eaten. Give thanks to StarClan for its life.
- A kit must be at least six moons old to become an apprentice.
- Newly appointed warriors will keep a silent vigil for one night after receiving their warrior name.
- A cat cannot be made deputy without having mentored at least one apprentice.
- The deputy will become Clan leader when the leader dies, retires, or is exiled.
- After the death, retirement, promotion (to a leader status), or exile of the deputy, the new deputy must be chosen before moonhigh.
- A Gathering of all four Clans is held at the full moon during a truce that lasts for the night. There shall be no fighting among Clans at this time.
11. Boundaries must be checked and marked daily. Challenge all trespassing cats.
- No warrior can neglect a kit in pain or danger, even if the kit is from a different Clan.
- The word of the Clan leader is the warrior code.
- An honorable warrior does not need to kill other cats to win their battles, unless they are outside the warrior code or if it is necessary for self-defense.
- A warrior rejects the soft life of a kittypet.
- Each Clan has the right to be proud and independent, but in times of trouble they must forget their boundaries and fight side by side to protect the four. Each Clan must help the others so that no Clan will fall.”
This is what you want to know if you want to read warriors. Here are the books:
The Prophecies Being: 1#Into The Wild 2#Fire And Ice 3#Forest Of Secrets 4#Rising Storm 5#A Dangerous Path 6#The Darkest Hour
The New Prophecy: 1#Midnight 2#Moonrise 3#Dawn 4#Starlight 5#Twilight 6#Sunset
The Power Of Three: 1#The Sight 2#Dark River 3#Outcast 4#Eclipse 5#Long Shadows 6#Sunrise
The Omen Of The Stars: 1#The Forth Apprentice 2#Fading Echoes 3#Night Whispers 4#Sign Of The Moon 5#The Forgotten Warrior 6#The last hope
Dawn Of The Clans; 1#The Sun Trail 2#Thunder Rising 3#The First Battle 4#A Forest Divided 5#The Blazing star 6#Path Of The Stars
A Vision Of Shadows: 1#The Apprentices Quest 2#Thunder And Shadow 3#Shattered Sky 4#River Of Fire 5#Darkest Night 6#The Raging Storm
The Broken Code: 1#Lost Stars 2#The Silent Thaw 3#Veil Of Shadows 4#Darkness Within 5#The Place Of No Stars 6#A Light In The Mist
Super Editions: Yellowfang’s secret, Tallstar Revenge, Bluestar Prophecy, Crookedstar’s Promise, Firestar’s Quest, Squirrelflight’s Hope, Crowfeather’s Trial, SkyClan’s destiny, Moth Flight’s vision, Hawkwing’s journey, Tigerheart’s Shadow, Graystripe’s Vow, Leopardstar’s Honor.
- The Untold Stories
- Hollyleaf’s Story
- Mistystar’s Omen
- Cloudstar’s Journey
- Tales from the Clans
- Leafpool’s Wish
- Tigerclaw’s Fury
- Dovewing’s Silence
- Shadows of the Clans
- Mapleshade’s Vengeance
- Goosefeather’s Curse
- Ravenpaw’s Farewell
- Legends of the Clans
- Spottedleaf’s Heart
- Pinestar’s Choice
- Thunderstar’s Echo
- Path of a Warrior
- Redtail’s Debt
- Tawnypelt’s Clan
- Shadowstar’s Life
A Warrior’s Spirit
A Warrior’s Choice
Mangas: SkyClan And The Stranger, The Rise Of Scourge, Ravenpaw’s Path, Graystripe’s Adventure, A Shadow In RiverClan, Winds Of Change.
Guides: The Ultimate Guide, Cats Of The Clans, Secrets Of The Clans, Battles Of The Clans.
Warriors has action, adventure, suspense and more! It keeps you reading forever and leaves you on a cliffhanger every time you finish a book!